About Charlie's Gift Grants
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR A CHARLIE'S GIFT GRANT
Small groups/clubs/organisations supporting children up to the age of 17 years operating within Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire or Buckinghamshire. The children attending the ‘group’ should also be living within the Three Counties area.
Eligible groups should be supporting children for one or more of the following reasons:
Poverty and financial hardship
Disability or Special Need
Life-limiting condition or serious illness
Please note that small independent groups who are mostly reliant on their own fundraising for income will be prioritised over those who are part of and funded by a larger organisation.
WHEN CAN YOU APPLY
We will open up applications twice per year on September 27th and March 27th. Applications should reach us by our annual deadlines of:
Please note that successful applicants must wait a full calendar year before submitting any further applications to us.
WHAT YOU CAN APPLY FOR
All requests must be shown to be of clear and direct benefit to all of the children in your group.
We will accept applications for the following:
- Indoor and Outdoor play equipment
- Sports equipment
- Sensory/Soft Play items
- Art/Music items for use by the children
- Technology items for use by the children
- Cooking equipment for use by the children
There may be something you would like to request that is not included in the above list. Please contact us via email: email@example.com before completing an application form, to find out if it we would consider an application from you for your specific request.
WHAT YOU CAN’T APPLY FOR
We do not accept applications for the following:
- General running costs for the group and facilities (staff wages, premises hire, maintenance and upkeep costs)
- Travel/parking costs for staff or other adults
- Staff and parent training courses
- Kitchen appliances for use by staff and other adults (kettles, toasters, coffee machines etc.)
- Furniture used by staff and other adults (coffee tables, chairs, sofas etc.)
- White goods (large domestic electrical items such as fridges/freezers/cookers/washing machines etc.)
- Perishable food items
- Lycra therapy suits for the children in the group
- Therapy costs for the children in the group
- Money donations towards a planned future project
- Second hand items
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE GRANT
Applications can be submitted by a Group Leader or the Lead Fundraising Person within the Group.
THE NEXT STEP
Having read the above and you feel your Group may qualify for a Charlie's Gift Grant, please now print and complete our Grant Application Pack. The Application Pack can be found under GRANT APPLICATIONS on our Homepage.
Please return your completed form to the following address before the application deadline date, for consideration by our Trustees:
The Grants Programme Manager
39 Collett Road
Phone: 01442 213638