Fundraising in 2014-2015
Since January 2014 we have donated £16,006.08 to local children whose lives are touched by adversity.
We have donated £13,896.18 to the following registered children’s charities operating within Herts, Beds and Bucks:
- Playskill - £2000 to help towards buying a van to transport play equipment between their two special needs playgroups in Hemel Hempstead and Watford.
- Happy Days - £2644.75 to fund a 4 day residential trip to PGL in France for 27 children with disabilities, a day trip for 43 children with disabilities to Thornley Activity Centre, and a theatre trip for 16 children who are victims of domestic abuse. All of these children supported by this grant live within Hertfordshire.
- Designability - £4,250 to fund a ‘Wizzybug’, which is a fun and innovative first powered wheelchair for children under 5. The Wizzybug will be made available for loan by Designability to children in Herts, Beds and Bucks.
- Harry’s Rainbow - £2501.43 to fund their invaluable work with bereaved children in Buckinghamshire. Our grant will mean they can continue to run their monthly bereavement support group for children ‘The Rainbow Group’, for a further year. Our grant has also helped to fund a recent trip for The Rainbow Group to ‘Bounce’ in Milton Keynes.
- The PACE Centre - £2,500 to help fund their early intervention work with children aged 0-3 with motor disorders such as Cerebral Palsy, meaning they receive prompt diagnosis and immediate therapeutic input.
A further £2109.90 has been donated since January 2014 as individual grants to children with special needs living in the Three Counties area.
This money has been used to fund the following items:
- Breathing monitoring equipment for a toddler with epilepsy and additional needs.
- A disability buggy for a little boy with Downs Syndrome.
- A medical foam wedge to help a toddler with special needs to develop his upper body strength.
- Soft-play equipment for a little boy with epilepsy and special needs.
- A special needs buggy rain-cover and basket for a toddler with Downs Syndrome.
- A therapeutic Lycra bodysuit for a little boy with Cerebral Palsy.